1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Repost: Rickenbacker 4003 and vintage G&L SB-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vegas532, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I just recently moved into a one bedroom apartment and space is really scarce, so a couple of my babies need to be sacrificed.

First up is a mint upgraded 2008 Rickenbacker 4003 with original hardshell case. I had Seymour Duncan replacement humbuckers and a Leo Quan BadassI bridge professionally installed. The custom cut pickguard is courtesy of pickguardian and it has a mounting plate installed along with the Badass bridge. If you prefer a more traditional look, I have a Hipshot replacement bridge that I'll throw into the deal. I no longer have the original pickups, but the push/pull pot is 100% functional with the Duncans. I have the original hardshell case, strap locks, and a Limited Edition Red Monkey strap with it. I'm seeking $1500 obo shipped in the continental US. For the record, I no longer have the original pickups or pickguard.

DSC01283.

DSC01285.

I also have a Hipshot replacement bridge that I'll send with it if you wish to go for a more traditional look.

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I have an early 80's G&L First Edition SB-2 JJ. It is an Alder body with Maple fingerboard and those crisp, loud, and punchy MFD Single Coil pickups. I do need the cash but I adore this bass, therefore, I'm seeking $800 obo shipped in the Continental US. I have a Fender hardshell case and a Limited Edition Red Monkey strap and strap locks included.

DSC01280.

DSC01278.

3. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    A friday bump.

4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Bump as I'm willing to hear offers.

5. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    bump

6. bump for a fine looking Ric. Does that neck pick-up have enough room to rest your thumb? Thats been my only gripe with rics I have tried so far, as a finger picker.

7. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Indeed it does.

8. That Ric is bad -a$$! Wicked looking! I have the Hipshot bridge on my Jetglo but I like the looks of your bridge better. :bassist:

9. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    It's a much more functional bridge, too.

10. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    G&L temporarily on hold for pending deal. Ricky is still available.

11. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    That Ric is so awesome looking, I showed the pic to my wife.
    Now think about it; how many thousands of basses A person looks at online and "maybe" a dozen times have I said "Hey honey look at this bass".
    If our family budget permitted I'd get her this for mother's day.
    I did want to pass on info from our earlier discussion that the badass I is comfy and not jutting out as has been my experience with some basses and I've always hated that Ric mute bridge anyway.

12. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    My Ric would make a perfect Mother's Day gift, Sonny...whatcha waitin' for? ;)

13. DuoSonicII

DuoSonicII

Aug 8, 2006
    IN, USA
    Do you still have the original (presumably white) pickguard and the chrome pickup cover?

14. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I no longer have those.

15. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    I was so bummed when I bought a ric with no cover and then special ordered one from the local store only to find out they're plastic WWLD! (What Would Lemmy Do?) a friend of mine has an extra cover if you buy his bass I'll mail you the cover (I owe him a favor)

16. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    My reference to "him" being The Black Ric of Vegas FYI

17. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Good karma shall be yours, Sonny. :D

18. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    The G&L is sold...bump for the Ric.

19. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    For about 10 years I've never had GAS (not counting amps cabs and effects) because I have the L-2000 now with this JJ SB-2 I now HAVE to get an El Toro, PJ SB-2 and a mahogany L2K or ASAT. Mannnnnnn overtime here I come.

20. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.