1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Reposted w Udpate! Dan Atkinson Jazz Bass neck (USACG)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by JerBear80, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JerBear80

JerBear80 You smell like cats in here. Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Price:
    Back on the market! I bought this neck from another TB’er about 1.5 years ago. I believe it was built by USACG for Atkinson. I had it on one of my main players for a little over a year. It’s a really nice neck, the profile has a pre-CBS feel to it, barely 1.5", thin and narrow. The fretboard edges are nicely rolled for a "broken in" feel. I'm selling because I prefer 21 frets and I'm liking a wider nut width these days.

Specs as follows:
    -Maple/Rosewood-the RW has a very nice, even color.
    -1.5 nut w Tusq nut
    -11/16" tuner holes
    -Looks to be finished in a nitro with a vintage tint
    -Headstock nitro is checking. There’s also a very faint outline from the “Atkinson” logo. You can’t really see it straight on but it’s noticeable it you tilt it.
    -Back of the neck is great, looks to have been worn in more than the rest, you can subtly tell from the color of the finish on the back.
    -The original spoke wheel truss adjusting nut has been replaced with a Fender style Philips head adjuster so no need for routing anymore!

One thing to note: The headstock shape is close to Fender shaped but slightly different. Please see the pics to make a comparison.

I'm asking $185 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal is preferred. I'm a little particular about trades (+/- cash depending on the offer) but I'd be interested in a 21 fret 4 string jazz neck (prefer rosewood fb), Sadowsky onboard preamps, Sadowsky 4 string SC pickups, and a 4 string set of Nordstrand Big J Blade pickups (warm and wooly). No international shipping on this one, thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    123321 likes this.
  2. 123321

123321 "no Chubby Checker!" CHECKMATE!! Out! 05/15/19

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    PM'd 4 add'l details...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  3. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Looks like it wore some ultralites. Do you know the tuner hole diameter?

Any idea what kind of body modification would need to be done to fit the wheel?

4. JerBear80

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Yes, it did, I had HB6C-1/2's on it. The tuner holes are 11/16", I'll add that to the OP as well.

Edited:3/13/19-the neck now has a Fender style truss rod adjusting nut, please see pics.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    123321 and krovx like this.
  5. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    The body notch can be done with a router or dremel too.

I've done it by making desired notch in a piece of scrap, then clamping that down over body, and using a pattern bit with a bearing to ride on the template.

JerBear80 likes this.
  6. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    How low can action be set? Great looking neck!

7. JerBear80

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Thanks! I had it setup with what I'd call med-low action, 5/64" on the E string. I never tried any lower but I'd think lower action would possible, depending on your setup.

bassguyky48 likes this.
  8. JerBear80

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Sold on reverb...again!

alembicguy likes this.