Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

REQ. Explosions In The Sky

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by EvilGenius, Dec 8, 2004.

1. EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Dec 8, 2004
    hi i'm new and i'm glad i found a bass forum

now i hope i can finally find someone who can direct me to tabs of explosions in the sky or godspeed you black emperror or something absolutely heavy and trippy just like those

and maybe, just maybe, if they can't be found (i've been unsuccesfull for a while), someone could tab them for me?

(maybe 'a song for our fathers?)

cheers & thanks! :D

2. EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Dec 8, 2004
    ah c'mon this can't be THAT hard?

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    From what I have heard (I own three GPY!BE cds) the bass work is fairly simple. I really think one bassist follows the cello/violin and the other just holds down the chords/arpeggios.

Have you tried using your ears yet? You might surprise yourself if you have never tried. :D

I will break out those discs and see if I can help you out with some of the tunes though.

4. EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Dec 8, 2004
    yeah, i tried listening, but i'm afraid im not even close to being able to figure out what it is im hearing :meh:

cheers though, and if yer ever bored...

5. EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Dec 8, 2004
    so i finally found someone who was able to tab a song for our fathers

here's what he made of it:

Explosions in the Sky - Song for our fathers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------0----------------------4--------------4--------------2----4-----2--------------------
    ---------------2---2-----------2--2sl5---5--------5-----2-------5-----2---------------------5--------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------7-------7---6--------6-------------------------------------
    ------slu2----2-----0------------------sld5--5-------7------------7-----------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------5--4-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------7---------------9-----6----------------------------------
    ------sld5--5-------5----5------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the basic thing, of course there's a lot of variation in it, but i'm sure you are all more proficient than i at applying the variation...

cheers, hope it's right, hope you enjoy it

if you don't know the song it's definetly worth searching..
    you can realy lose your head playing this...

let me know how you liked it :D