1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Request: ease up on the right handed bass advocacy

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by cheechi, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Folks, we all get the point. Many people here have right handed basses. It's fine to sing their praise and say nice things about them. However, we are at the point where there appears to be a deliberate campaign to bring up right handed basses in every single thread. Once in a while is fine. But every single thread is full of photos, discussion, and demos of right handed basses. We get it. right handed is a common bass. Your work is done.

Thank you. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

2. I see what you are doing here. RIGHT ON BRO! Err excuse me... LEFT ON BRO! Ah, no...AMBIDEXTERITY FOR THE PEOPLE!... BRO.

3. Is it permissible to post pics of my right hand basses if I am not wearing a hat indoors?

ThePresident777 likes this.
  4. I think it would depend if they are Foderas or fedoras.

5. I don't have expensive taste in hats, but I can make the obligatory reference to Sire.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  6. Does anyone one here know if Sire makes right handed basses?

7. :eek: Oh no, he dint!

8. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    I'm left handed, but play right. I can post any damn bass I want anywhere, so Iong as said picture includes a baseball bat, because I switch hit in baseball. Tort loaf, socks, time to stop TBing on the throne.

Miss you Nobody...

Dubsly likes this.
  9. So when we post a picture of our Right Handed Bass, should we then post another picture of it upside down?

10. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    See its devolving into a righty fest already.

11. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    What about a right hand bass, flipped upsidedown, and played lefty? Oh, with a hat hanging from a tuning peg? ;)

El Pelusa likes this.
  12. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    it would be okay, except the peg will be facing the floor and not able to hold a hat

13. This thread ain't right.

Helix and leesbrushes like this.
  14. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    What about when some putz is complaining about his right hand technique, his thumb is a gimp or something, and you wonder why his thumb is trying to thump strings on his fretting hand... Then you realize that his right hand isnt on the fretboard . So misleading

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  15. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Dang! Thought I had it... But I'm a righty, I was just throwin' it out there.
    Hey, don't judge me ;)

16. Jaco didn't need a lefty!

ThePresident777 likes this.
  17. megafiddle

megafiddle

May 25, 2011
    This is why they make mirrors

-

Dubsly and ThePresident777 like this.
  18. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

hey, it's my RIGHT to be RIGHT.

ThePresident777 and S-Bigbottom like this.
  19. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    I buy inexpensive right handed basses and then mod them so they are left handed. I find that I'd rather have 5 inexpensive left handed basses than 1 expensive right handed one.

image.

20. And when they take that away what's left?