1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

request: nikka costa tabs :)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ThatLowEnd, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    Hi,

I am having a hard time transposing a few Nikka Costa songs and would greatly appreciate the help. I have listed the songs below, thank you in advanced!

Chase the thrill
    Never wanna c u again
    Nylons in a rip

2. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Wwhhhaaaat are you up to??? :ninja:

I'm not a dance pop fan but I'm liking Chase the Thrill. I'll do the tab but standard notation is out. Tab should suffice as it's pretty straight forward...

Never Wanna C U again reminds me of Amy Winehouse during the verse and the whole thing reeks of Brittany Spears' Toxic. It would be so much better with real drums...

Nylons in a Rip - Meh. Filler. Just my opinion.

OK, I'll tab it but it's going to cost my standard rate - one joke that makes me laugh out loud per song.

3. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Never Wanna CU Again. I hate when people use stuff like, "CU" instead of, "See You"... Anywho, there's some pretty nifty bass playing in here. Follow the tab along with the song first - there's a lot going on.

You'll need a bass synth and / or an octave pedal to make these songs sound right.

nikka-costa-never-wanna-cu-.

\ = play the same note
    / = slide
    |: :| = repeat

Looking back, I think where it says, "Repeat same as 0:41" it should say, "0:48". My bad... Waddya want for free...

The note at 0:15 says, "Fminor" - the one at 1:29 says, "fill".

Good luck!

:bassist:

4. ThatLowEnd

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    Hey thank you so much for the reponse. I wasnt certain someone would tab these due to the poppyness. I appreciate the time you have spent, keep em coming. In the meantime ill work on some jokes

5. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Roger that. I'll work on my transcriptions so they're not so much chicken scratch...

6. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Chase the Thrill

Now THERE's some tasty as$ pop bass for ya! See if you can learn some Duran Duran by ear. Anything off of their 1st album through Notorious you can't go wrong. Just save Rio for last...

Good luck. Feel free... Where's my jokes?

:bassist:

--- edit ---

Here's another tip for learning stuff off the YouTube - plug your bass directly into your computer so that all the sound is coming from the same source. Go to Radio Shack and get a 1/4" male to 1/8" female adapter and a cable. Make sure it's all mono. Get a long cable.... trust me....

7. ThatLowEnd

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    Thank you so much for both of those tabs. Yes I am the same one talking about ear training in the other forum. I took a stab at these 2 songs and wanted to see how close I came. So far... I was close-ish :)

Joke: What do you throw to a drowning bass player?...

His amp.