request: Steinberger Spirit sound clips?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by psi, Oct 14, 2005.

1. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Can someone with a Steinberger Spirit record some stuff please? I'm curious as to how they sound.

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    To me, like a tinny Steinberger. :rollno:
  3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

here you go

I did these a while ago. Stock strings, stock XZ-2db.
  4. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks! Just what I was looking for. How does the tone knob work? Where was the tone knob in those clips? I tend to like to roll off the highs when I play for a very warm sound. Is this possible with the Spirits?
  5. Geddy Fan

Geddy Fan

Oct 19, 2005
    Phoenix Arizona
    Hey, I know you are asking for a sound clip so dont be annoyed with me. I just wanted to say as a current Spirit bass/guitar doubleneck owner and as a past XT-2 bass owner, the Spirit line has a lot of shortcomings and flaws. If you own one, I kindly suggest selling it and buying a Steinberger USA bass with a graphite neck, or an older XL-2 bass. The Spirit line is bulkier and with a larger body and no head and it being all wood, no graphite composite, the sound tends to be awful and very "tinny". Spirit basses require a massive amount of amp tweaking to get an acceptable sound, even then only providing marginally acceptable results.
  6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

IIRC the tone was all the way up. It's a normal passive tone control so you can roll it off if you like.