Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

request: Steinberger Spirit sound clips?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by psi, Oct 14, 2005.

1. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Can someone with a Steinberger Spirit record some stuff please? I'm curious as to how they sound.

-Adam

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    To me, like a tinny Steinberger. :rollno:

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

here you go

I did these a while ago. Stock strings, stock XZ-2db.

4. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks! Just what I was looking for. How does the tone knob work? Where was the tone knob in those clips? I tend to like to roll off the highs when I play for a very warm sound. Is this possible with the Spirits?

5. Geddy Fan

Geddy Fan

Oct 19, 2005
    Phoenix Arizona
    Hey, I know you are asking for a sound clip so dont be annoyed with me. I just wanted to say as a current Spirit bass/guitar doubleneck owner and as a past XT-2 bass owner, the Spirit line has a lot of shortcomings and flaws. If you own one, I kindly suggest selling it and buying a Steinberger USA bass with a graphite neck, or an older XL-2 bass. The Spirit line is bulkier and with a larger body and no head and it being all wood, no graphite composite, the sound tends to be awful and very "tinny". Spirit basses require a massive amount of amp tweaking to get an acceptable sound, even then only providing marginally acceptable results.

6. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

IIRC the tone was all the way up. It's a normal passive tone control so you can roll it off if you like.