Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Request to the Irish among you....

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Tzetze, Jun 21, 2003.

1. National Anthem...

Any of you Irish out there got a transcription or a tab for the N.A.? Doesn't have to be the bass part, main melody will do fine.

I think I've got most of it worked out, but I'm sure I'm missing something out of it somewhere.

What is it with this whole thing of playing the N.A. at the end of a gig? I, for one, would far rather not play it all. It really changes the whole mood of the place. One minute you're rocking the place out, and end on a high note, and then the next thing it's into the N.A.! Talk about killing a mood, but it seems to be the done thing. At least it is round this part of the woods.

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    omg, totally off topic, your from carrickmacross! i stayed there once a while back, beautiful place, i really loved it, my parents are going this year but im staying at home to have a party. and man, i dont even know what the irish national anthem goes like, and id call myself irish, ima go download it now, musnt play it too loud, im in northeren ireland, lol

(for all you american folks- ITS NOT THAT BAD ):)

3. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    sin na fianna fail ata faoi gheal ag eireann, bionn dar slua...etc etc.. God I am sick to death of playing that shaggin thing, we refuse to play it at the end of the night. It's funny how the ones who ask for it are mostly the skinheaded, tattooed wannabe Ra heads who couldnt even tell you what amhrain na bhfian(sp) even means.

True story, after a paddies day gig in Prague this mucksavage from tallaght came up to me and said "yis are a deadly band but ye never played de bleedin anthem":rolleyes: I was gonna point out that we were in PRAGUE!!!..

muppet