Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Requesting help finding parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolph, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I know everybody always says to do a search and I did but didn't find everything I wanted so I'm just going to say everything I'm looking for and ask for straightforward responses. These are parts for the fretless fiver I am building. **Money is limited**

-Bridge- 5 string silver bridge with wide spacing- preferably around .75". Comparable looks to a badass or something like, just a sturdy bridge that gets the job done.
    -Tuners- 5 silver tuners that will stay in tune :rolleyes: Would be nice to order them in a bundle of 5.
    -Ebony fretboard (or blank)

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Try Allparts.com
    Warmoth.com
    Stewmac.com
    Between these three sources you should be able to get what you need.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Have you tried a "Wanted" ad here? I think you'd have better luck than here in Basses.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    You can try Carvin: http://www.carvin.com

They have a full selection of DIY parts..

Hey HeavyDuty.... I almost wet myself when I saw "BOHICA" in your signature... Havent heard that since my days in the military!! LOL!!!!!!!

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    And it's still true, isn't it? ;)

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

Well, not as much for me now as it has been in the past... However, life still finds a way of stickin' it in and breakin' it off from time to time!! LOL!!!

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Try Custom Shop Parts (www.customshopparts.com) if you are on a tight budget. They sell from the web site and through eBay.