Resale value for a PRS bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Aug 31, 2001.

1. All I can think about are Sadowsky's... I really want one, but to afford it, I'll have to sell my bass and get a job (had to quit my old one because of school) to get the $$$.

Anyways, I have a PRS (its the new model) that I bought for about $1600 a couple back in August, and I was wondering how much I could sell it for. And no, this is not a 'for sale' ad.
  2. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    youre gonna sell the PRS!?! :eek: ......... well ...... PRS basses are pretty hard to find so i would assume that you could get around what you paid for it ***pending on the condition of the bass*** ( which i assume is mint... :D ) maybe a little more or less than what you paid. you wouldnt happen to have a pic. would you??????

on a off note ...... my friends getting a PRS g*it*r soon..... flame maple neck.... birdie inlays ...... ohhh yeah .....
  3. I'm thinking about it. Its really a great bass, and I'm probably going to regret selling it, but it just doesn't have the tone I'm looking for. I want more of a punchy p bass sound, and the PRS is too midrangey for that. And yeah, the condition is great. Nothing wrong with it.

PRS g**tars are great... my dad has a Custom 24, and its beautiful.

Anyways, back to my sulking...
  4. p.s. as soon as I run down to the store and get a disposable camera and get the pics scanned at school, I'll have some pictures up.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've seen them at GC. I checked one out, it was much better than the old ones, which didn't sell very well.

You have a pretty limited market for that bass. The internet may be the best place to sell it.