Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Resale value on a 1990 Warwick Streamer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smakbass, Dec 14, 2004.

1. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Just wanted to check what this bass is worth I just got it..

1990 Warwick Streamer I believe Stage 1
    EMG P/J pups
    Trans black finish few dings on the headstock but pretty good considering its age.
    Gold hardware
    I am assuming the pre amp is the usual MEC but will open it up in the next day or so.....

Any ideas on its value?

2. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I would say somewhere around USD1,000-1,200 if it's in good shape.

3. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    On a good day you might get as much as $1300 or so because of its age, but on a bad day you might have trouble getting more than $850 or so because it's only a 4-string.

It's a neck-thru right?

4. smakbass

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Its a 4 string neck thru (I dont think they did bolt on's in 1990) like I said few dings up by the headstock body is real clean needs a new battery compartment door so im gonna replace the compartment...its ridiculously easy to play.

5. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    It just depends on who is looking for one. If you find someone absolutely set on a Streamer from that era, like I said, you might get as much as $1300 or more. My dad always says "It's only worth what you can get out of it." haha If you sell it, let us know what it's worth. :)

6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Does it have the one-piece Schaller bridge and separate battery compartment? If so it's a pre Stage 1 or 2 model. What's the neck made of?

My main bass is an 1987 Warwick Streamer and it plays and sounds fantastic and cost me £650 including various accessories that I sold taking the cost down to less than £500.

I have no idea what it's worth but it plays and sounds much better than the current Streamer Stage 2 model which lists for over £2000 here. I have it insured for that amount but I doubt I'd get more than £1000 if I sold it (which I won't). And that's ignoring all the modifications it's had - stiffer truss-rod, adjustable graphite nut, new preamp (OBP-3), new control configuration (4 pots and 3 switches), 'Willis' ramp, dual battery compartment... (I think that's it!)

Alex

7. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    If it was made in 1990 I'm pretty sure it's a Stage 1 with the two piece bridge.

8. jazzbass70

jazzbass70

Sep 8, 2003
    Aachen
    In Germany you can buy an old Stage 1 for 650€-1000€.
    But if you want to buy the Original (spector NS 2) ;)
    You must diggin deeper in your moneybag....
    JB70

9. smakbass

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    2 peice bridge all maple neck

10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    = old Streamer I

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :rollno:
    here we go again...
    And again who started it...
    Also, we will be getting the blame for the W vs Spector debate :spit:

How's about Sadowskys and Fenders, huh? :eyebrow:
    How's about that it wasn't even designed by Spector, but by Ned Steinberger? :eyebrow:

12. jazzbass70

jazzbass70

Sep 8, 2003
    Aachen
    I only wrote down what is fact in Germany..and it´s not my fault
    that you must play with a Warwix Bassguitar :p
    J :scowl: B70

13. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    I've never even heard of this argument... but then again, streamers and spectors DO look VERY similar... Makes me wonder just a little.