Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Resale vaule of a fender MIA Jazz made 2001

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tomstoats, Dec 30, 2004.

1. First of all what would you say the resale value of my MIA jazz made in 2001 was, bearing in mind that i live in the U.K and it cost me £700 new.

Also ive added a tort scratplate and am planing to put the pick up covers on to the bass will this have a negative or postive effect upon the bass's resale value?

2. apollo11

apollo11

Aug 19, 2004
    New York
    Three weeks ago I purchased a 2001 American Series Jazz, used, for $550 (was priced at $575) from a local guitar store. It is a 3 tone sunburst and came without a case. The price would probably be a little higher on ebay. The bass had just been turned in, and is in close-to-new shape. The pickguard plastic with labels was still attached.

At the same time I bought it, there was another American Series jazz, in teal w/maple fretboard and pearl pickguard---The price was in the $540 range, and was also without a case. It sold within a couple days.

Andrew

3. I wonder what the store is doing with all those jazz bass cases... I guess with used ones, it makes sense -- it may not have been resold with it. But, my understanding is that the American Jazz basses are sold with a hard-shell case.

4. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I don't think that putting on an aftermarket p/up cover will negatively affect the sale, especially if you throw the original one in the deal. And they go for anywhere between $500-700 US depending on where you get them. I just picked up an '03 J with a J-Retro and Lindy Frailins, (3-tone burst w/SKB HSC) for $660 off ebay and, although some would say that I paid to much for it, I'm pretty pleased with the deal.

5. how would drilling the holes to mount the pick up and bridge covers effect the bass's value?