1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Resale vaule of a fender MIA Jazz made 2001

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tomstoats, Dec 30, 2004.

1. First of all what would you say the resale value of my MIA jazz made in 2001 was, bearing in mind that i live in the U.K and it cost me £700 new.

Also ive added a tort scratplate and am planing to put the pick up covers on to the bass will this have a negative or postive effect upon the bass's resale value?

2. apollo11

apollo11

Aug 19, 2004
    New York
    Three weeks ago I purchased a 2001 American Series Jazz, used, for $550 (was priced at $575) from a local guitar store. It is a 3 tone sunburst and came without a case. The price would probably be a little higher on ebay. The bass had just been turned in, and is in close-to-new shape. The pickguard plastic with labels was still attached.

At the same time I bought it, there was another American Series jazz, in teal w/maple fretboard and pearl pickguard---The price was in the $540 range, and was also without a case. It sold within a couple days.

Andrew

3. I wonder what the store is doing with all those jazz bass cases... I guess with used ones, it makes sense -- it may not have been resold with it. But, my understanding is that the American Jazz basses are sold with a hard-shell case.

4. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I don't think that putting on an aftermarket p/up cover will negatively affect the sale, especially if you throw the original one in the deal. And they go for anywhere between $500-700 US depending on where you get them. I just picked up an '03 J with a J-Retro and Lindy Frailins, (3-tone burst w/SKB HSC) for $660 off ebay and, although some would say that I paid to much for it, I'm pretty pleased with the deal.

5. how would drilling the holes to mount the pick up and bridge covers effect the bass's value?