Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Resident Evil 2 anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Selta, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    All this zombie talk lately :D. I saw the first showing of RE:2 and loved it. Much improvement over the first one. Have any other TBers watched it yet?
    If you play the games, IIRC, it follows the 3rd one VERY well.
    Ray

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    going to check it out in a few hours...cant wait...

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Man, I hated the first one. I watched it with a group of horror movie buffs. We might as well have been watching a comedy. And rightfully so, that movie was pathetic. Well, It's definitely better than some. I saw "bones" last night, the snoop dogg horror movie, It was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

That said, Resident Evil 2 does look a better than the first, but I dunno, I'm still not expecting too much.

4. Wait, so isn't Jill Valentine supposed to be in this one? What I deplored about the first one is that it had absolutely nothing to do with the video games.

This one will probably suck too.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Usually, that's a good thing.

6. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    I understand that both Jill Valentine and Nemesis, characters from the games, are in this movie, but are any other game characters in it?

7. It's not a true RE movie unless Leon Kennedy or Chris Redfield is in it.

[/fanboy]

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    They should make a game out of the movie. ;)

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can't wait. Milla is in it.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes, but Michelle Rodriguez is not. This is deadly to ANY movie, book, magazine, or album. That said, this movie is gonna suck. Yet I will go see it. It's like a Zen koan or something.

11. I honestly didn't think the first one was THAT bad. I somewhat enjoyed it, enough to buy it on DVD when it came out. Hoping this one is an improvement however. At least they haven't been as bad of video game to movie adaptations as say, Mario Bros, Street Fighter, or even Double Dragon.

12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the first one sucked. hardcore.

when i was in tampa today, my brother offered to pay for me.

i left for g-ville instead.

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    True on all counts bearded one.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Aye. It's hard to argue with the truth.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    FWIW the first one had one of the funniest audio commentaries on DVD I have ever heard. Mila & Michelle and one of the male actors spend the whole commentary paying out on the film and the other actors. It is worth the purchase just to hear the commentary.

16. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i thoroughly enjoyed the first one and i have to say that i liked the second as well and maybe better. Like any sequel, it is made to surpass the first movie in intensity. Most movies seem to fail by being more intense but also getting more lame. RE2 had a definite push in the intensity department, but i thought it held together well.

i give it a thumb-and-a-half up!