1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Residential Electric problem... help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Hey guys I know some of you on TB are very familiar with electricity so I thought you might be able to help.

My power recently started going off at least once a day, but its only to about half the house, and it kicks back on within about 10 seconds. The fact that it kicks on tells me that its probably not the breaker, and since its not the whole house it isn't a problem on the power company's end... what gives?

Thanks

2. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Call an electrician .... seriously .....

It could well be as simple as a loose connection at the panel, but it's definitely not something to mess around with if you don't have good electrical background.

Call an electrician, like right away, before something serious happens .....

3. tr68gt

tr68gt Acme Corporation Beta Tester

Aug 2, 2006
    Naples, Florida
    I totally agree with PointBass, and can't emphasize enough the dangers of just letting this go. Something is evidently very wrong. It's time to call a professional.