1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Resistance is important for pre-amp controllers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by desert_rain, Jan 28, 2017.

1. desert_rain

desert_rain

Jul 14, 2015
    Eindhoven
    I am replacing my warwick 2 band MEC pre-amp. I am putting Delano sonar that has 3 bands. I wanna use stacked pot for bass/treble for avoiding drill one more hole. Delano uses 50k pot for each band control. There is no 50k/50k stacked pot. Can 250k/250k(or 250k/500k) also work instead of 50k/50k stacked. Sorry for my english btw.

2. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

You need to use 50K for the preamp to perform as advertised.

The values are not directly interchangeable.

There MAY be other values that can be substituted that will change the performance of the preamp, but you would have to check with Delano as to how those changes would effect the performance of the preamp.

3. You cannot use 250k pots. The performance would suffer terribly.

Also, most 250k/250k concentric pots are audio taper, and have no center detents. You want linear taper with center detents.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    There actually are 50K stacked pots and that's what you should use.