1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Resolution...no more "number of string" posts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SteveC, Dec 24, 2016.

1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    That's it. I resolve to no longer participate in threads who's topic is the number of strings one choose to have on their bass. Anyone want to join me?

Tbone76, rufus.K, GregC and 2 others like this.
  2. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    I have one 4-string and one 5-string.:p

3. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    :rolleyes:

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i'm currently gigging about 16-20 strings...distributed among 4-5 instruments.

i'd like to get behind your 'resolve', but that would lead to other 'resolutions' which could logically lead to no participation at all!

ha! but, i get your point. :)

5. I'll join your resolve with the caveat that there must be at least one, or the virtual facsimile a la electronically reproduced sound.

6. Hamish MacCleod

Hamish MacCleod Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2014
    South America
    Fire the drummer! Oh... sorry wrong thread.
    H

7. I'll join you. Saw Split Lip Rayfield live and their bassist uses one string attached to a gas tank from a 1977 Mercury, and he shreds. Seen bassists whaling on 7 strings, they shredded too. I say do whatever the heck floats your boat, arguing that one is better than the other is dumb.

8. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Maybe a good time for a bump? Include P vs whatever or flat vs whatever or any of those "winless" threads.

9. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014

Bassist4Eris and SteveC like this.