Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Response From EBay Seller - How Long?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by peabody, Sep 7, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I realize that it's way too soon, but I can't help but be anxious. I won an eBay auction Sunday night for a '74 Fender P-Bass. What the seller didn't state in the auction, but I confirmed with a question to the seller, is the neck in an "A" neck...very cool.

The bass appears to be in pretty good shape, all original and includes the covers and the original tolex case.

Anyway, I haven't heard from the seller yet. I e-mailed him immediately after the auction for a final price and again yesterday...still no word. I realize it's only been 3 days, but at what point do I give up?

Of course I haven't sent him payment because I am waiting for the final shipping cost, but there are a couple of other auctions I've been watching, and I don't want to miss out on those if this one happens to fall through.

I realize there is no real right answer, I was just wondering what everyone else thinks. Opinions are always welcome. Thanks!!

2. I'd wait another day, maybe two...After all, he probably would like to get the money from you, so it wouldn't make sense for him to ignore you.

But in the meantime I'd check to see what else he has for sale-- "See Sellers other items" just to see if he's listed anything in the last day or two. It would be odd if he had computer access to list more stuff but didn't have time to respond to your emails. If he hasn't listed other stuff, maybe he's had a legitimate difficulty in accessing his email.

In the meantime, just send the amount to me, in fact you'd better double it, so I can send it to my Nigerian bank associates. :D