1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Responses to "Stupid Question"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wmcjhi, Jun 12, 2007.

1. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Damn realist! :eyebrow:

2. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I guess not:D :rollno:

3. wmcjhi

wmcjhi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tempe, AZ
    :smug:

I hope it was a joke (edit: referring to the "weather"). Or he just depleted his grammary/spelling skittles by taking the test.
    :bag:

4. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Mine was a joke...I don't know about his.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Speaking purely in semantics, he never attributed that quote to anyone, and to say that what's there is wrong is a large assumption. The presence of quotation marks only implies that someone, at one, in the history of humankind, has said those words. Saying that nobody has ever said "Tis better to remain silent and the thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it," in the history of our species is a far more ignorant thing...

...IMO.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

You typed it wrong again!! :D

"Tis better to remain silent and the....:eyebrow:

That doesn't even make sense as a sentence!! :p

Now if it was "be" instead of "the" ......?

I can't believe you have copied that twice without noticing the glaring error!! :D

I wish you had been marking some of my worse papers!! ;)

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid comments from Bruce Lindfield."

I can't remember who said that one, I think it was Plato or Aristotle. It was someone important though.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

You're just jealous because you missed it as well....:p

9. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    To less experienced people giving trying to give advice to you that you have been knowing for ages already:

- You don't teach your father how to f*** either, do you?

I "lolled" a lot at this the first time I heard this (I read about it, no-one have given me that comment luckily :)), but I've never dared to use it in practice though... Or then I simply haven't had to...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021