1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Responsive/Sensative pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RHCP250, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    I was playing my Peavey Cirrus last night, and I realized that the pickups are very responsive to touch and finger position. By the neck its thumpy and fat, over middle pickup its punchy and edgy, and over the bridge pickup its tight and burpy. Digging in real hard also got me a much different tone.

I plugged my Spector with EMG SSD's in, and noticed that it was much less sensative to finger placment, and that the tone was pretty consistant between digging in or not.

Which got me thinking, what are some pickups that have a similar function to the Peavey's? I've heard darkstars are like that, any others?

2. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    I find G&L MFD humbuckers very sensitive. The difference in tone between playing over the neck pickup and bridge pickup is huge. Especially when you consider that they are pretty close together.

3. Darkstars, Bill Lawrence, Delano, Q-tuners, SGD.

4. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    How do Delano and SGD pickups compare to EMG DC's? Thinking of putting them in a Spector Zebop when I pick it up.