1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Restless Gear Syndrome... sigh.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ishouldbeking, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Ever get that itch to buy something for no good reason? I can't shake it. I've got a great stable of gear, but for some reason it feels like once I have it all dialed in, it's like I get used to it... or I get bored. The next logical step is to seek out something new and begin again. I'm currently jonesing for a jazz ever since I sold my first ever bass (mid '90s MIM Jazz), but between my multiple Precisions, my T-40, and a Ric it's not like its a tone I can't cover.

I guess there's not much point to this post other than a need to identify with other restless souls. Anyone else feel this way on occasion?

And yes, I'm pretty sure the simplest and cheapest solution is to try a new brand of strings. Maybe I will.

2. I feel this way all the time, absolutely nothing wrong with what I have yet somehow everything else seems just a bit better.:rollno:

3. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    yeah, its the eternal itch. i think i just start to get sick of my tone, or crave something different all the time.

4. Upright bass?:bag::D

5. I have this same issue pretty often. Normally it's with pedals.

6. Yeah...I get this, too. But I have enough basses that I just play one I haven't been playing a lot.

7. b-ron_50

b-ron_50

Sep 19, 2010
    Michigan
    I go through the same thing, if I'm not looking at basses I "need" I'm looking at different pedals, amps, or cabs...just need money now

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021