1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Restoration project, Hollywood style

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jgsbass, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    First, I have had this bass since 1972, purchased new at Guitar Lab (Carl Thompson was working there at the time) for slightly less than an actual Pbass would have been. Neeeeeedless to say this puppy has gone through beaucoup changes over the years. It became my first fretless in 1976, shortly after hearing a certain someone's first solo album. To make this short(er) and sweet, the Degas had its pickup held in place for the last few years with 2 pieces of blue painters tape. Definitely punk, but not me. The tape also had a tendancy to peel, and the pickup would move. No big deal as I never take this bass out, its for studio only ( its also tuned with a high C).
    Decided to remount the pickup and then I got a little creative with my computer. Its in its first phase, to see how it looks/feels.