1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Restored and Improved '90s Peavey Forum - LPB with Tort

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by subtlestew, Nov 23, 2018.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $425
    Strings:
    Greetings, Peavey bass shoppers. I don't want to let this bass go, but a unique opportunity to purchase a dream bass has come up, and I must move this to make it happen. Therefore, NO TRADES.

I have introduced this bass to the TB community before with a NBD thread when I finished working on it. In that thread there is a link to the restoration thread from when I put this together. The end result was a bass with nice mojo that plays very well and sounds great. Classic P/J sound with the EMG pickups, and I think it's got a great look. I just don't play it all that often due to my bad case of TMB - "Too Many Basses."

EDIT: I just weighed the bass on an accurate scale, and it's lighter than I thought - 9 lbs., 4 oz. So nothing like my boat-anchor T-40!

The neck isn't thin - it's got a solid feel to it, but it does have the skinny Jazz-width nut.

The $425 price includes shipping in the CONUS. No case - will be well-packed. I'll protect it nicely with a black pleather gig bag someone sent me and I'll mummify it in the box so it will get to you unscathed.

PayPal is fine. Knock off $75 for local pickup here in northwest CT.

Some pix (for more see the links above):
    DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    mb94952, rashrader, flewis and 2 others like this.
  2. DubHunter

DubHunter

Feb 15, 2008
    Columbia Gorge
    Funky

subtlestew likes this.