1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Restoring an Ibanez SDGR 5 String to its former glory... and I don’t really know what I’m doing

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Fleabutworse, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Fleabutworse

Fleabutworse

Sep 12, 2019
    So I bought a 5 string that someone was selling for parts. It’s missing pots, a preamp, a battery case cover, a backing plate, and a jack output. It has some minor damage, mostly cosmetic and what is damaged can be fixed. Just looking for advice on where to find good pots, a preamp, and a jack output. Or any other advice one might have

Attached Files:

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Just remember that the pot-holes are not for SAE-sized pots (3/8"), they're Metric-sized.
    So, you'll either need to buy Metric pots or ream out the holes for 3/8" bushing pots.

Can you take new photos showing the controls layout?
    The model number should be on the back of the headstock.

3. bpc

bpc

Mar 29, 2016
    Central Scotland
    The battery case can be bought from Ebay or Amazon for very little. The control cavity cover is probably best made with a sheet of pickguard material. Make a paper or card template first and use that to cut out the cover from the sheet. A single ply sheet of black would be best and fairly inexpensive.

4. Fleabutworse

Fleabutworse

Sep 12, 2019
    Yeah I’ll do that soon as I get home

5. Fleabutworse

Fleabutworse

Sep 12, 2019
    Couldn’t find the serial number but I got those photos uploaded

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021