1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

restring my peavey basses

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by chrisdb, Sep 23, 2008.

1. chrisdb

chrisdb

Feb 22, 2007
    I like old american made peavey guitars and basses. I have three peavey basses, an unmodified t-40 (two BIG humbuckers) an unmodified T-45 (One humbucker with coils split for tone- one tone control is capacitor for high cut, the other is a coil for low rolloff) and a t-45 with a DarkStar pickup (single coil recreation of a 60's Hagstrom Bisonic).
    I am looking to get a spectrum of sound that will cover 50's chicago blues to sixties motown, British invasion and San francisco summer of love....(ok anyone want to guess my age?)
    If these were your only bass guitars and you were restringing all three - what would you choose and why?

2. djwackfriz

djwackfriz

Jul 31, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    FLATS!

3. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Thomastik-Infled flats on both the 45, nice big full tones. Then how about some rounds on the t40 like highbeams or sunbeams just in case you need a little more treble end sound.