1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

result of boredom.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Summer holiday is almost over, theres nothing to do, you're bored...hmm, song time.

this is nothing serious, i was just messing around with my bass on this one, its all bass and drums.

http://media.putfile.com/songbyme

constructive criticism appreciated, tell me what i need to fix and stuff.

thanks ;)

2. bump

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    hey! don't be too insulted by the amount of responses you get on this. my experience is talkbassers don't listen to much of each other's recordings. me included, that's why I'm making an extra effort these days to do so. :)

hopefully constructive criticism:

I liked it when it was heartfelt and sounded connected and melodic. At the points where it seems yer just showin what your fingers can do it looses it for me. I like to focus more on being solid and in the pocket than on plalying lots of notes that don't sound as musical.

Good stuff otherwise though. I liked it for the most part.

edit. just checked your profile and saw that you're 15.

THAT WAS SMOKIN!!!!!! :D :D :D Keep doin whatever you're doin!

4. thanks alot, i really appreciate your comment.

i agree with you though, my timing isnt that great, and that i should focus on that.

5. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Very nice. Please tell us what instruments were played, effects used, and how it was recorded?

6. cool track man. i dig the vibe of it. and yea, what's the gear setup for this?

7. Not too bad. Definitely a very nice and soothing track to listen to. Towards the end when you start to do your bass thing, the effects are a bit much. I can't even really hear much of what's being played.

8. I used my Yamaha starter pack bass with dimarzio pickups plugged into my digitech bp200, plugged into my soundcard. I used both pick and fingerstyle.

I used Adobe Audition to record it, and random drum loops for the drums.

I'm going to fix this one, i'm going to start a project called "Bye Bye Guitar", i'll make songs with drums,bass, and anything except guitar.

Thanks alot!!

9. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    that'll be awesome, be sure to post more sound clips in the future:)

10. Sure thing mate. I'll try to incorporate some whammy action in some of them too ;)!