Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rethinking my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Aug 6, 2005.

Which Rig

Poll closed Aug 11, 2005.
  1. QSC RMX 1850 tech 21 sansamp rbi + Avatar 212 and 210 neo

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. GK 1001RB-II GK neo 212

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. GK 1001RB-II GK SBX II 410

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Kustom Groove Bass Dr.Bass 2260

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well it's a bad thing, yet a good thing.

The rig I was ganna go for consisted of QSC rmx 1850HD tech 21 sansamp RBI, bridged into an avatar 212 and 210 neo. The problem that I have is to get that rig I'd have to buy everything almost speratley from different places.

My power amp and rack I can get from the same place.
    My cabs from avatarspeakers.com
    then my RBI from MF.com

Thats 3 different sites to go and get stuff from, not to mention I might get my cabs before i get my amp or visa versa. I was thinking and have talked to lots of guys, who have recomended me GK. I could get a 1001rb-II along with a neo 212 from riksmusic.com No hassles and I'm done within 5 minutes at max.

Then again there is always that rig that slides under my radar and I pick it up at the last minute. Thats a kustom groove bass 1200 with a Dr.Bass 2260.

I've read loads on dr.bass cabs, and know enough that the kustom is a keeper. I'd like to try out the Dr.bass and get a feel for it as well.

Keep in mind that the 3 rigs I have suggested are all around the 1500$ range, so if you are in the market for a good budget rig check out GK.

What do you guys think?

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I like the first option. :cool: It'll do ya nicely.

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I know what you mean.

When I was buying my system, I had to choose between buying a PLX1602 (for more money) from the same people I got my preamp and cab from or ordering a RMX 1850HD (what I originally really wanted (& wished I'd done)) and waiting a week or whatever for it to get to me.

I voted for the first system.

I also think it would be hard to go wrong with either of the GK systems (but personally, if I went with the GK head I'd probably go with the Avatar cabs).

Life is seldom simple. ;)

4. Oh don't be such a baby. I bought so much stuff from all over I claimed Musician's Friend, American Musical Supply, Music123, Music Yo, 8th St Music, Ebay and BassNW as dependents last year.

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I'd get the GK and the 212 Neo. Its actually about $1200 from riks. That said I doubt you'd go wrong with any of the choices, I just really like the tone of the 1001RB-II and like the idea of a single cab with light weight and good punch, plus the option to upgrade for more volume (adding another 2120 Neo) later.