Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Retro news article (related to snakes).

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 3, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    My mates become interested in snakes lately and whilst searching for info on them found 15 year old article about my dad donating one to a zoo for a breeding program, what ware the chances of that!

"RARE REPTILE: Driffield reptile enthusiast Colin Fox is donating one of his snakes to Chester Zoo. The snake, a four and a half foot long Cook's Tree Boa, which comes from South America. It is unusual for this particular kind of snake to be privately owned and Colin hopes that if it is possible to breed from the tree boa, it will slow down the depletion of wild stocks in their native habitat."

http://www.driffieldtoday.co.uk/Custom_Pages/CustomPage.asp?Page=232

Juast thought I'd share my amazment :D

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I know where you live... :ninja:

:D

Cool dad. Mine has no exciting hobbies, except local politics.

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    :spit: We moved out of that area about 10 years back!

My dad doesnt actually keep snakes anymore, not long after that article he bailed out on us, got a new house and subsequently had to say fairwell to all his reptiles.

We stayed in constant touch and still do to this day (now hes 14 miles away, at one point me and my bro where in n yorkshire and he was waaay down in Brighton aka Bruces turf).

Anwyay, enough about my life story :p