1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Retro pricing a Fender Bass guitar...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by catboyzee, Jan 17, 2020.

1. catboyzee

catboyzee

Jul 20, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find out what the msrp was for a 1977 Fender Jazz Bass Guitar back in 1977, mainly just to satisfy my curiosity about the economics of being a gigging musician during that period. (BTW, I've been a fan of Marcus Miller since I first heard him on Grover Washington's 'Just the Two of Us' back in 1980). So far I haven't been able to find an answer, everything keeps coming back with present day vintage market prices. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

When comparing don’t forget to adjust the prices for inflation. Calculator here.

Kro likes this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021