Retro Rush: Oh my God... it's like... so eighties

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NewWaveBasser, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Steinberger basses, shocking pink, The Breakfast Club, Splash, whacked hairstyles, MTV, electro-boogie, breakdancing, Adidas jumpsuits (Run-DMC anyone?), neon colors, skinny ties, Reagan (ugh), Thatcher (argh), Simmons hexagon electronic drums, synth-pop, Commodore 64's, Atari, Pacman, valley girls, Eddie Murphy, E.T., Dynasty, Dallas...

What else is eighties-worthy?... up next the seventies!
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    spiked leather wristbands, kangols, leg warmers, shark skin blazers with rolled up sleeves, members only jackets, suede pumas with fat laces, white and black checkered vans (the shoes), parachute pants, spandex, acid washed jeans, two-tone jeans, beat boxing, the mullet, frosted hair, BIG hair!
  3. Cabbage Patch Kids, Duran Duran, The A Team and Mr.T, Magic Johnson vs. Larry Bird, the Nuclear War paranoia, "USA vs. USSR" movies, Back To The Future, Madonna...

This is fun...
  4. I seem to remember a lot of Michael Jackson and Sesame St., but I was only born in 1982. I guess there was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and acid washed jeans.
  5. Nintendo, Live Aid, Tears For Fears, Brian Mulrooney, Ghost Busters, 5.25" floppies, talking cars, more to come.
  6. Donkey Kong, Porky's, Boy George, George Michael, Centipede...

and more will still come... mwahahahahahahaaaa...
  7. Magnum P.I., Spinal Tap, Billy Crystal, Family Ties, detective-type suits, gender-bending, Adam Ant, EVIL heavy-metal, headbanging, Martha Quinn...
  8. GREAT SWEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    He-Man, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Voltron, My Little Pony, and Jem.
  10. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Dude, those were the best cartoons ever! I think even My Little Pony was better than most of the saturday morning cartoons today. Also, they have started to re-make He-Man, how cool is that? :cool:

I remember when I was a kid, I had to wake up around 6am every saturday and sunday not to miss all those cool shows from sky channels :D

Those were the days..
  11. Haha! Fortunately I've been prepared for this....

is my website about everything 80s (or everything I could think of)...

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    MTV (Martha Quinn, Nina Blackwood, Allan Hunter, VJs :) )

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Van Halen

Magnum PI, Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers (all those Glen A. Larson produced shows).

High School graduation :)

The end of M*A*S*H, Challenger explosion, Michael Jackson

. . . and the sun shining on my face
  13. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Dude...I love that movie...We can't forget Reagon getting shot! Oliver North, The Electric Company, Facts of Life, Different Strokes, One Hit Wonders, Sythisyzers (sp), bad dancing, Lots and lots and lots and lots of hairspray (80's was the cause of the hole in the ozone;) ) and much much more
  14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    . . . and of course, "Breaking 2: Electric Boogaloo" :D :cool: :p

Anytime a sequel (the first one, anyway) comes out, I gotta tack on "Electric Boogaloo" to it.

Reagan getting shot and surviving broke the Presidential curse!

Can't forget Footloose, the movie that spawned "The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon".
  15. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    lmao, me too! me and my fiance both say this all the time
  16. There's just something fundamentally wrong with the thought of Godfather Part II: Electrc Bugaloo...

17. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    no doubt there will be exceptions, then again...

"Mr. Corleone, do you deny that you are in fact the leader of the nefarious hip-hop crew, Electric Boogaloo?"

"It's a complete falsehood, so step off Senator."

(a breakdancing battle breaks out in the courtroom)

ok, there are exceptions :D
  18. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Pee Wee HERMAN!
    pees wees big adventure
    Large marge
    jonie loves chachi
    Fed Ex Commercials with the guy who talks fast!
    Dan Quale
    Reunion shows..
    Happy days(..filmed in the 80s)
    General Hospitle!
  19. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Miami Vice
    That's Incredible!
    Mean Joe Green and the kid who wants the Coke.
    Where's the Beef?
  20. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Breast milk !
    All-in-one pjs !
    Baby bouncers !
    Carry cots !

Times were good :)