1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Retrofitting Nordstrand pickups - it worked out great!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Feb 15, 2016.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I bought a set of Nordstrand Dual Blade pickups used on TB about three weeks ago and got a screaming deal! The only issue is that they are BC shape and my bass is fitted with Bartolini MK1's. BC pups are about the same width, but about 4 mm too short on either side - not going to work. One nice thing about Nordy pups (among many) is that they aren't epoxied into the shells. I contacted the nice folks at Nordstrand about getting some empty P2 sized covers and $17 later I had covers that are almost exactly the right size for the routes.

I applied a thin (1/2 inch) strip of Scotch clear reusable mounting strips to the top of each pickup and placed them into the P2 covers as close to centered as I could get them. I just installed the pups in my bass today and it worked like a charm! Sounds great and looks right.

Here's a pic of the mounting strips:

And here's a pic of the installed pickups. The installation job isn't perfect, but I couldn't care less. Nobody would notice unless they were up really close.

Nordys_zpse5tcmxf6.