1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Retrospec Squeezebox trafo anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HipCity, Aug 27, 2012.

  1. HipCity


    Oct 26, 2011
    My Squeezebox has started making a humming sound. Techs have looked into it and says that it´s the transformer that´s causing the noise.
    Anyone knows if there´s any replacement transformer for this pedal. Any other brand. I have mailed Retrospec but haven´t got any answer so far.

  2. Roscoe East

    Roscoe East

    Aug 22, 2011

    Is that some new slang for "transformer"?
  3. HipCity


    Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for noticing - transformer is what I meant when I wrote "trafo".
    I thought that was a common used slang/shortening but it´s maybe only in Sweden we use that term
  4. HipCity


    Oct 26, 2011
    Contact established with Retrospec. Seems that the problems can be solved through them.
  5. bludog


    Apr 3, 2012
    Brooklyn 11217
    Do us all a favor and ask them when they are releasing the Squeeze Box again. They've only been dangling that carrot for about 2 years now! :bawl:

    Safe to say Spring 2012 is no longer accurate :spit:
    >see link: http://www.retrospecaudio.com/squeezebox

    In all seriousness, best of luck with the transformer issues. Worth every cent to get it back up and running like new.
  6. bongomania

    bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

    Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's old, not new, but only techy-geeks know that particular slang. We also say "tranny" and "xfo".
  7. Roscoe East

    Roscoe East

    Aug 22, 2011
    "xformer" or "xfrmr" are the slang terms this techy-geek is familiar with.

    I'm familiar with "tranny" too, but that's from a different line of work. :D

Share This Page