1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Return of my MM 20th Ann. SR5! Super!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigBud, Apr 17, 2010.

1. BigBud

BigBud

Dec 22, 2007
    I've been lazy! Got this back last week, but didn't find time to get some good pics. To refresh----Clear finish started to peel off my beautiful 20th Ann SR5. Called MusicMan in Calif and spoke to AJ in customer service. What a great guy! Per his instructions I shipped my Stingray off to him and they found that a new body was the proper fix. AJ told me that I was sure to be happy as the new (same model body) was an upgrade. Man! I truly believe so! The grain visible on the body is amazing! Just as most of you assured me, AJ and the guys at MusicMan stood by their craftsmanship, and went above and beyond for me. Unless I'm mistaken, they put on a new set of strings and set the bass up too! Intonation at the 12th is perfect! Another thanks to the MusicMan crew, and my fellow TBers that guided me through this adventure. I'm sticking with MM and have nothing but the highest praise for their commitment to excellent craftsmanship.........Bud B

2. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Nov 1, 2009
    Geneva Ohio
    Drool! That bass is beautiful.......enjoy her well!

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Beautiful Bass! Just...beautiful!

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I had to have the body on my Stingray4 replaced in 2008 and A.J. took great care of me as well. I bought a black cherry SR4 in late 2007 and noticed several months later that the strings would not align properly along the length of the fingerboard. The strings seemed to all veer off to one side. I assumed the bridge had been installed off to one side or the nut was cut wrong.

My local dealer shipped the bass back and A.J called me soon after to advise that the hole in the body for the neck bolts were not in the right positions and that this must have been a very strange fluke. A new body was made for me and I received the bass back in stunning perfect condition.

The body on the bass now has a brighter finish and is lighter then the original body which was really heavy. I like it so much better now and she plays like a dream. I could not say enough about Ernie ball customer service. They took care of my issue and made it right with no hassle and kept me informed of their progress.

SR4002.

5. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Beautiful instruments gentlemen!
    Congrats!

6. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    You see why I'm a company man?

7. BigBud

BigBud

Dec 22, 2007
    Yea, AJ and his crew in Calif were great. Just "send it, we'll fix it!" All was pure smooth going......... Bud