1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Return of my other favorite closeout bargain ($200 Dearmond Pilot Pros)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craigb, Dec 12, 2001.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

The best $200 new bass you're gonna find

My first favorite closeout bass is, of course, the MTD Beast. And those are about all gone. A super deal, I've had three of them.

My other favorite closeout bargain, that I had one of this summer, is the Dearmond Pilot Pro 4. I thought they were all gone but I recently saw that Sam Ash has 30 more of them. Actually it's down to 29 now after I caved and went for another one.

Natural finish ash body, 4 piece 35" scale neck, a pair of Dearmond humbucking pickups and a 3-band active system. $199.99 from Sam Ash with free shipping. I got my first one from MF for $169.99 but they haven't had any for a long time. I sold it for more than that when I decided to go a different way. It sounded good, played well and looked nice (if you like the natural look). Original list $699.99, original street price about $420, closeout for $199.99. How can you pass it up?

I recommended them before and I'll recommend them again. If you are looking for a quality bass at a good price one of these at $200 brand new is amazing. I think it's a better deal than a Mexican Fender, OLP Stingray or similar bass that would cost more. It's almost as nice as the MTD Kingston & Beast.

Just passing the word on what I think is a great deal to my TB bretheren.

2. I got wind of that whole deal AFTER Sam Ash sold em all.:(

And I already bought a MIM jazz. But i'm satisfied.:)

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I bought one of the Pilot Plus 5-strings from Sam Ash for $159. I really didn't need another, (I own 19 basses) but I couldn't pass on one for that price. I love it, especially the comfortable neck. $200, that's a real deal.