1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Return To Forever - Where Have I Known You Before

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BornboreD, Jun 4, 2014.

1. This album has been absolutely flooring me the past little while.

Outstanding production, and unreal playing. Stanley Clarke's tone and playing especially. I'd say it's his top recording on Electric Bass, from what I've heard.

Romantic Warrior seems to always get the nod for best RTF album, but I'm pretty torn honestly.

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Romantic Warrior is my least favorite of the electric RTF albums.

JimK and Passinwind like this.
  3. Honestly, there are moments on every album from Hymn to Romantic that make actually picking a favorite extremely difficult.

4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I actually find the audio production on Where Have I Known You Before? to be disappointingly midrange-y and dense, especially in contrast to Romantic Warrior. Would love to hear it remixed & remastered. But yeah, there's some stunning playing on that album. I really like the Lenny White composition on side one, "Shadows Of Lo" I think it's called?

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'll go with Where Have I Known You Before & No Mystery over RW.