Returned My Rumble 40

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TDPRI Bones, Jul 30, 2019.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    It brings the sound closer to my ears and not pointed at my ankles lol.

pcake and FronTowardEnemy like this.
  2. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Just wait til you try the 200 and 500!

3. TDPRI Bones

TDPRI Bones Guest

Jul 25, 2019
    I'm a home player, don't need that much horsepower. Besides, I have a Quad Reverb for my telecasters when I feel like hurting myself. :)

JC Nelson and alanloomis1980 like this.
  4. TDPRI Bones

TDPRI Bones Guest

Jul 25, 2019
    Does it lessen the room rattling at all?

5. I have both Rumble 40 and Rumble 100. I use them frequently. I can recommend both.

EatS1stBassist and TDPRI Bones like this.
  6. Same here. I used to own both the 100 and 40, and find the tone of the 40 to be noticeably better. The 100 really seems to lack detail in the mids, and that low-mid bump is even more pronounced than the 40, which has it is spades in its own right. I replaced the 100 with a GK MB112ii and MBP112 stack, and kept the 40 for upright bass gigs. I've tried to replace the 40 with higher end stuff a couple times, but returned the expensive stuff both times after a comparison. I think the 40 and 500 are the best two Rumbles. They fit their niches with the fewest caveats. Buy one of each, and be set.

7. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I get that. The 100 is plenty. I do all my gigs with mine, and only about 50% need pa support.

I was Looking to upgrade my 100, I tested a 200 and 500. I thought I would prefer the 200, thought it would be "warmer," but the 500 was my preference. Really deep and rich too, but had just a little more cut and clarity. If/when I outgrow my 100, I'm looking at a 500

8. MynameisMe

MynameisMe Be kind. Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Jax, Florida
    I’ve had the newer Rumble 200 for a couple years and have never used the stock OD. Prolly depends on your style.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  9. Ampslut

Ampslut Supporting Member

May 15, 2017
    I haven't been able to get a sound I like with the built in overdrive.

EatS1stBassist and iagtrplyr like this.
  10. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    For a few bucks more, why not get something you can actually use outside the bedroom?

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  11. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I used the 40 once on a small stage as a personal monitor while direct out went to the soundman. Full professional grade concert PA sound from a tiny little box that took up very little real estate.

Later I tried to sell it but there were no bites and then it got me out of a bind again so I'm keeping it around.

Verne Andru and EatS1stBassist like this.
  12. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    I have a 200 that sits on top of and drives a 115 cabinet. Great stage amp for me.

13. JC Nelson

JC Nelson Supporting Member

May 30, 2015
    Oregon
    Do you rumble owners have to anchor those down for outside gigs?

They are so light a moderate wind might blow them away.

14. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Absolutely Linnin!:thumbsup:

Linnin likes this.
  15. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I love the sound of my 200c/15

Linnin likes this.
  16. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    yeah - i also prefer the sound of my rumble 40 to the 100, which is why it's the one i bought. that and you pointing out the 40 was lighter than the 25.

and i don't use overdrive.

Ronzo and Killed_by_Death like this.
  17. TDPRI Bones

TDPRI Bones Guest

Jul 25, 2019
    :roflmao:

JC Nelson likes this.
  18. TDPRI Bones

TDPRI Bones Guest

Jul 25, 2019
    I can't think of a situation occurring that would cause me to play outside of my home.

JC Nelson likes this.
  19. I never use the Rumble 40 or 100 Over Drive controls for over drive. But if you turn them both counter clockwise (to minimum), you can use the red button (over-drive over-ride button) as an effective Standby Switch. Very handy while gigging. Those of you that own one know what I'm describing here. Cool little amps.

20. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Lol. It does lessen the bass frequencies a little bit.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021