1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Returning stuff bought on ebay

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Oct 23, 2006.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Just wanted to get some input from you guys on this.

Last week, I ordered a portable radio (motorola walkie-talkie) off ebay. I've decided to return it, and contacted the seller about it. They instructed me to pack it and ship it back, and if they find nothing wrong with the radio, will refund my money but charge a restocking fee. I paid through Paypal.

Any advice, or anything I should be wary of?

Thanks!

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It totally varies from seller to seller. You get everything from stellar professionals with good intentions to the absolute scum of the earth.

Check their feedback, read as much of it as you can stand even if there are a dozen pages of it. That should tell you most of what you need to know. If they don't have much feedback, you're just rolling the dice that they are trustworthy.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i've had a similar situation, and it went just fine. like bongo says, it varies from seller to seller. let the ebay peeps know if something goes awry.