1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reunion blues X mono dual bags for basses and other stuff

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by NicholasBT, May 25, 2019.

1. NicholasBT

NicholasBT

Jan 31, 2017
    So, I have been wondering about this for a while, maybe someone has similar experiences?

I am thinking about getting a dual bass bag (speficically either the Mono dual, or reunion blues RBX double bass).

My situation is: I usually carry a loot of instruments for my gigs. I usually play double bass (which is always a burden to carry), electric bass (mostly only one, but some times a fretted and a fretless) and I also play cavaquinho (a brazilian samba ukulele), tambourine and other percursion stuff. Which ends up being a loot of backpacks to fit the smaller stuff plus the basses. I was wondering if I get a double bag I could, when not carrying 2 electric basses in it, actually use one compartment to put t percursion and cavaquinho in. Is that reasonable?

Has someone used one of the bass pockets in a double bag to fit other stuff?? Does it work?

Further, between the mono dual and the reunion blues rbx double, which one would you reccomend?

Looking forward for your ideas :)

Cheers!

2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I carry a double Mono case 2-5 times a week for years...Its held up pretty good. I hope Music Area comes up with one because I'm really liking their singles.

Randy Ward and NicholasBT like this.
  3. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Been using a Mono Dual [bought slightly used on TB] for about a year. I typically bring 2 basses [tuned standard & 1/2 step down] and the Mono does the job perfectly. Due to the weight of 2 basses I don't fill the storage pockets. I have a separate backpack for pedals, cords, and other incidentals.
    D9D44CD2-58AF-4EF0-A482-1AE52BD4F8E4.jpeg

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    NicholasBT, Randy Ward and TonyP- like this.
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've gotta say, I LOVE the idea of a dual case, but after using them for a few years, I've found carrying two singles is MUCH easier for me. The weight of two basses with additional "stuff" in the pockets is just too much and becomes a struggle. Two singles let me carry everything without burden, and double the pocket space.

TonyP- and NicholasBT like this.
  5. Goatrope

Goatrope

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I’ve been happily using the Mono Dual for a few years, heavy abuse. Still going strong.

Occasionally* I carry just one bass in it, and throw a stand, maybe a DMX controller, whatever I need that night, into the empty side, for ease of carry.

Works fine. I try to flatten the load so as not to have any pointy thing aiming at the bass in the other side.

*Since my T-Bird doesn’t fit in the Mono Dual, I’ve been carrying that in its HSC, and just one other bass in the Mono.

NicholasBT likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021