reunited with a childhood friend!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pyrohr, Aug 31, 2002.

1. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Where I grew up as a kid, we get together once a year.This year was the 4th such meeting. I didnt see anyone I knew so I decided to leave. walking to my car I saw a friend I had not seen since last year. He told me his brother was around the corner with tom. I walked around the corner and there he was standing with Tom Barney, bassist and musical director of steely dan. I walked up to tommy we shook hands then hugged. Yes I did grow up as a kid with tom but have not seen him in 30 years. When I lived in queens n.y. I was also teenage friends with marcus miller. Little did I know him and tom were buddys at that time and both lived in Rochdale Village area. But getting back to tom, it was such a pleasure to see him and spend some time with him. Tom and I come from a poor neighborhood and it nice to see he did not forget were he came from. And I just want to say is that he stayed all day and just mingled with all the people that were there.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, that's pretty cool. i've lost touch with so many of my childhood friends... i'd love to reconnect with some of them.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! That's cool. I love his approach to "Peg". Stuck to the original, but added a little more thumb texture.
  4. That's cool man. I was teenage friends with the late Gary Thain, of Uriah Heep.