Rev. Solo Pickup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by JAS, Mar 16, 2006.

1. JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    I decided to start a new thread about this because the other one is like 30 pages long.

I finally got a chance to install the Revolution Solo pickup on my new carved bass. It took me and my luthier buddy a while to get it sanded/filed down to the right size. It is kind of pain in the ass to set this thing up at first. When I first put it on the bass and pluged in, it sounded really hot and would not stop feeding back. I was not using a pre-amp at the time. There definately is a spot where it has to be to get the clearest sound with the least amount of feedback and distortion. Once you find that spot, mark it, because it sounds pretty good there. We tried it on both sides of the bridge and it seems to sound much better on the E side. I was having serious feedback problems on the G side and it was sounding kind of strange.

I wont have a chance to use it in a band setting untill Saturday, so I will post asfter that. In my living room, it sounds great though.

I am curious to see how it does with a loud band. I am wondering if it will have enough punch. At quiet volumes, it definately is really beautiful sounding. It is a nice mixture of the natural woody sound, and a pickup type sound. I am worried about feedback though.
  2. Yes,definitely good sounding in a living room. But on the stage I felt not enough volume and not enough punch.So I sold it and came back to my old Underwood:meh: . But I heard RS is the best pu for recording in studio...;)