1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Revenge of the Record Labels

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hrodbert696, Apr 17, 2015.

1. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jah Wobble Fan likes this.
  2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Why am I not surprised that the carpet bagging element of the old music business has found a fresh new way to exploit talent in the digital age?

Jah Wobble Fan likes this.
  3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    It was only a matter of time.

4. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I know someone is going to claim I'm an old fart, but to me streaming has a limited appeal. I've tried Spotify, Beats and Tidal and none of them have a complete enough catalog for me. What's more, if your smartphone doubles as your music player, like it does for me, then your ability to play music is limited by your data connection. My phone is a paper weight inside my office so I prefer to store my music on a 64gb micro sd card.
    My personal preference is to buy the CD and rip it to an FLAC if I want to make it portable.
    F buying digital music. The quality if often not very good and I'd rather have a master copy.

hrodbert696 likes this.
  5. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

any musician that subscribes to streaming services is an idiot. You are killing your industry!

Root 5 and hrodbert696 like this.