Tags:
  1. I just plugged my Precision into my Fender Vibro-King and maxed out the reverb. Oh my, oh my ... it sounds so fantastic I'm speechless. I don't want to get into the habit of playing through my guitar amp and prefer to purchase a great reverb pedal for my bass amp.

Basically I'm looking the the best reverb pedal for bass. Price is not an issue. Please chime in.

2. Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

For me it's a Strymon Flint.

Here is a sample of it capability. This has the tremolo going, also.

"Bass Noodle #1234" Copyright © Jeffrey P. Scott 2016 All rights reserved.

Attached Files:

3. torza

Sep 20, 2005
    There's no such thing as "best". What works for you, your set up, style you play, etc. will be different from someone else, and yadda yadda.

I personally use a Boss RV-3 and love the "cold" creepy sound of it. What kind of music do you play, for starters?

4. NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Dimension Reverb by Source Audio....you can grab em pretty cheap now and it is a beast of a pedal built with bass in mind. They're also reworking it with the Ventris, due out very soon.

5. So many good reverbs to choose from these days, but from personal experience I'd also say Strymon Flint.

6. Yeah, "best" is a loaded term. I'm a homebound player who noodles within different types of musical styles. Primarily though, I am writing my own stuff ... jazzy experimental sounding. The reverb I'm looking for is something to replicate a "cavernous" wet sound (Dick Dale). The Vibro-King spring reverb is basically a '63 reverb tank built into the amp. So, again, I'm looking for bouncy, springy, and wet.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    torza likes this.
  7. I loved that! Thanks.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  8. Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Thanks! :cool: That is from one of my totally improvised, late night noodle sessions with my bass and the Flint.

I see I forgot the s at the end of it! :rollno: :roflmao: Add it at your own risk.

9. vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I keep trying to use reverb and then I end up selling the effect. I think the effect sounds fantastic with bass, but in a band setting, for me it just gets swallowed up and not noticed.

10. Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Seattle
    What's your budget? Lots of love for the Strymon Blue Sky and Big Sky. Neunaber makes some great reverbs, too, but there are a lot out there.

blindrabbit likes this.
  11. lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Yep. For solo playing it's great, good when recording if used wisely, but in a live band context it's mush city.

morgan138 and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  12. morgan138

Dec 10, 2007
    Boston
    Yeah, same. Also makes the low end get all weird, although I can imagine that might depend on the pedal.

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  13. KillerEddie Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Georgia
    I like the EHX Cathedral as it has so many options to work with. Personally I feel few reverbs really work on bass when you get a whole mix involved as they often get drowned out. Also keep in mind that a room will effect how the reverb sounds. So have one with plenty of options.

14. Chicory Blue

Oct 9, 2016
    Boss RV-6 has given me every style and depth of reverb I've ever needed without much footprint or expense, but 90% of the time I just leave it on "modulated" mode and just tweak the level and tone as needed.

I've heard tell the RV-5's modulated mode was sheer unrivaled perfection and they went and fixed what wasn't broken for the 6, but I'll never know for sure. I ain't giving up my shimmer.

--^@

15. rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL

USB out - software configurable reverb with programmable presets.

Driven Crane and SakuBass like this.
  16. kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    And a shout out to the IE Nimbus. Very sweet, bass-friendly reverb.

17. TheMightyEight

Mar 23, 2017
    UK
    I have a bit of a love hate relationship with reverb, I have brought and sold a bunch of verb pedals, I tend to stick with delay these days BUT I recently borrowed my mates newly acquired Boss RE20 (?) Space Echo, not strictly speaking a reverb but I was quite impressed by it to say the least!
    Last verb pedal I owned was a TC HOF , cheap and cheerful, not the greatest tho...

18. Nic.

Aug 28, 2009
    Singapore
    I just checked out an RV3 demo and it sounds really good. Are there any other reverb pedals with that kind of "cold" sound?

torza likes this.
  19. silvertone

Nov 6, 2007
    SF, CA
    There are tons of killer reverb units out there.

Some years ago while perusing a rig rundown of Stanley Clarke's gear he touted EBS stuff and I found a TB'er selling a used EBS Dynaverb for roughly $100 which was $150 cheaper than buying it new.

It's bomb-proof and sounds great - but I suppose a Strymon or Eventide would be more versatile and capable of more diverse tones. Regardless, I dig it and used judiciously it brings a lot of huge to my tones.

20. Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    J Rockett- Bong Reverb. One knob simple, sounds great live.