Reverb for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pantone 333, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Got this originally for my wife to use on piano, and I love it on bass!!!

RyanJD likes this.
  2. That Coyote

That Coyote Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Big fan of the Iron Ether Nimbus. Clear, clean & full of bottom end.

chrios and Pantone 333 like this.
  3. vincent69

vincent69 Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    +1 for the Iron Ether Nimbus !
    I first bought it and liked it very much for its versatility. It can go from a sweet plate reverb to a nearly infinite cavernous, thunderous sound.
    Now that a Nimbus SE came out (w/ a 2nd knob for a different sound), I immediately bought one !

chrios, That Coyote and Pantone 333 like this.
  4. chrios

chrios

May 2, 2011
    Three posts for Nimbus in a row! I'm a massive Iron Ether fan, and my board is basically an Iron Ether board. Whenever I feel like I want to shake my board up and trade out some pedals, the Nimbus is the one that would always stay. It is such a great and versatile pedal with specific controls that really help you dial in what you're looking for. It's also the pedal that I use the most with other instruments, not counting my comp. Everything it touches becomes gold. Love the 'room size' knob and the way the volume knobs work.

That Coyote and Pantone 333 like this.
  5. Somnambulance

Somnambulance Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2014
    For me, no other reverb pedal sounds as good on bass than my Earthquaker Devices Afterneath. It's a weird reverb, for sure though.

6. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Either all the reverbs in my Eventide H9 or all the ones in my Zoom MS-100 BT more than satisfy my needs.

Somnambulance likes this.
  7. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    There are two reverbs of mine. Sure, i have always wanted Strymon Big Sky (thus Timeline and Mobius were on my board already) - so i've got it. I was happy to use Wet Neunaber Stereo Reverberator v.2 - later i've switched to Immerse; unfortunately, it has not enough of magic - the tone is different than it was in SR v.2. Just good. A bit later i have traded my new Immerse for Walrus Audio Descent. I can say - it is huge. It has its own tone, it has its magic, it is raw enough - it works nice with clean and dirty at the same time. I just like its tone and it has three presets in it; hall, reverse and shimmer (-1 oct/+1 oct/dry controls can be tweaked for each of a type of reverberation). viber image2. viber image2.

8. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    viber image.

rjovin and Pantone 333 like this.
  9. I just use a TC Electronic Hall of Fame I like for small bass leads at church. My board consist of a TC Polytuner and the reverb just got rid of a bunch of tone sucking pedals.

Somnambulance likes this.
  10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I run an old-school analog PA so bear with me. Assign your instrumentation to a sub-group and use an open aux to add onboard FX, such as reverb, @ FOH. The offerings are pretty respectable (...my Soundcraft uses Lexicon) and will have greater sonic impact than adding to the backline.

Riis

11. So currently have the hardwire dl8 on my board for modulated delay, have previously used the rv3 set to delay and reverb and thinking of the IE nimbus... is there any pro/ con to the warmth or is it just the way the reverb is more natural than an echo type thing... trying to use it more as drone or holding notes in a quiet section

12. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    I use an HOF mini, with the Steve Vai TonePrint on fretless. Just a touch to add depth.