1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverb LOL'z : would you just look at it!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by angrychair, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This listing is hilarious, this guy has to be trolling. Look at this terrible swirl job
    Ibanez RD707 1989 Multicolor Swirl | Reverb
    yhqrtxrhac3yyygl4buv.

The bass it self has a lot of wear and tear, dings, knicks, etc. after getting over the puke swirl job, the item description is the best.

"1989 RD707 4-string in extremely rare multicolor swirl finish...these weren't factory produced by Ibanez in multi-swirl finish so it's presumably a prototype. Previous owner originally received as a gift from fellow collector, bass spent several years of its post-use life on display in shop where I found it...."

Translation:
    "this guitar has been swirled by someone at home, who has never swirled anything before, and this is a prototype example of how not to swirl. The previous owner gave it away to someone who liked JEM's and even he ended up pawning it, where it hung, in a pawn shop, until I bought it and tried to sell it for a stupid crazy prize."

IGotGas likes this.
  2. Funk³

Funk³

Apr 12, 2015
    London
    I actually think this bass looks awesome.

3. I've seen worse swirls, but come on, these basses are worth no more than $300 in good condition.

It's not like it was painted by Nagel or O'Connor.

4. If it was a fiver I'd be all over it!

Oh wait...wrong forum.

5. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Looks like a good player.

6. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    A thing is worth whatever a person is willing to pay for it. One man's trash, etc.

I don't dig it myself, but I'm sure there's someone out there who's just GOTTA have it... Price be damned.

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Ugly bass threads don't go far here.

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    If it had the original tuners I would he all over it. But the holes in the back of the head always ruin the value of collector prototype Ibanez basses on the collector market. What a shame.

9. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

This.

(Thanks GC! You beat me to it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:)

blubass likes this.
  10. rockinrayduke

rockinrayduke Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Sorta cool!

gebass6 likes this.
  11. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    If it was priced at the $250 it is worth, I would buy it and paint it black.

12. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

13. I like it a lot.

14. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    I see a swirly bass; I want to paint it black.

15. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Just the ticket for my outlaw country trio.

GrooverMcTube likes this.
  16. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Out of sight. If I had I would keep it.

17. DOMIT

DOMIT

Feb 16, 2016
    I actually kind of like it. I don't like it $1250 worth... but the paint looks ok.

And be honest, if it had a tort pickguard most of you would be all over it. :rollno:

JRA and gebass6 like this.
  18. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i see Waldo in there. and this time he's really big,.. and high on acid. brilliantly done! :)

19. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    The only way to rock this thing is with a black shirt. The horns are not going to be very visable with any other color. To me, the swirl is very meh because of this- if they kept up the color arrangement near the bridge, and carried some different swirl patterns through the bridge, it would have looked much, much, yes- much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.