1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb nation for cover bands

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by tycobb73, May 29, 2012.

1. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Any cover bands use it? Do you find it advantagous?

2. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We mostly use it to consolidate our schedule and give people MP3s to listen to. We pick up a few fans here & there from RN; but we get far more people into the door at gigs from Facebook.

3. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yes and yes. Cover bands need promotion too.

4. I use it because I've noticed the gigs listed on there get picked up by the local TV station and other event websites. We don't put up a ton of material on there though...most of our efforts are concentrated on Facebook. It's nice that you can link the two together, though.

5. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    Advantageous for what?

If you need a webpage with the basics... song samples, pix, bios, etc... to pass on to a venue for possible booking... then I'd say sure.

If you're going to use a RN page for getting bookings, I'd say you'd probably get more bang for your buck elsewhere. Although the RN page is free, so that might be hard to do. :D

If you want a webpage/presence for your fans... you'll probably have more action on a Facebook page.