Reverb or Delay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sethlow3, Sep 3, 2010.

1. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    IMO delay sounds better than reverb on bass. But you're really the best judge of that; swing by a music shop that sells pedals and give 'em a try.

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I wouldn't do this, but Guitar Center does have a "30 days, no questions" return policy. A guitarist I know has abused that a couple of times.

3. I was thinkin about that! thanks!

4. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    The SMMH has more usability than you might think! There's a table in the manual, and once you get a hang on it, SO simple. Love it! I like just holding the tap tempo whenever, even using a delay setting, starts to record the loop, and you can layer upon layer it!

Combine the decay knob with the repeats, blend, and filter knobs..and you can just about any kind of decay you could imagine, all the way from a quick one or two repeats, to a long decay, and the upper half of the decay knob lets you do swells!

I have one FS..because I'm getting ballsy and splurging on an El Capistan..

And, Tone Factor has a sweet return policy!! but buying used is cheaper, resale value usually sees near complete purchase price

5. With much thought on this. I probably would milk the heck out of delay in the studio or with some tool, but otherwise I wouldn't use it much live except for an occasional reverse delay and the looper. I still think the boomerang III is THE looper to get though. I appreciate all the comments, but until I NEED one, I'll pass.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021