1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb or Echo/Chorus Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnnycat42, Jul 25, 2007.

1. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I decided to let go of my ME50B since I just dont use a whole lot of effects. But I do dig the sound of the chorus and the reverb together for a nice change of tone or for space out stuff occasionally. Anyone know if there is a pedal that has both Chorus and a Echo or Reverb in it? I think the Visual Sound H2O is one but I have no idea how it would sound on bass? Any recommendations for the effects forum?

2. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    There are delay pedals that will do chorus because they have modulated delay (EHX Electric Mistress, Digitech PDS 20/20, Pigtronix Echolution IIRC, Diamond Memory Lane IIRC, others), but for delayed chorus or chorused delay, those won't really do it.

The Boss PS3 will do sort of a delayed detune thing, and while detune isn't chorus, it does sound like chorus, and I often use the detune for chorus, so it might work for your purposes. However, you get very little control over either parameter in this mode, so unless you love the sound as is, or you really want the other stuff that the PS3 has, it's not a perfect solution.

Maybe there is something out there that has exactly what you want; I'm just not aware of it. Anyone?

3. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Check out the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man. It's an analog delay with a built in chorus and vibrato. It has a blend feature as well to retain the low end very nicely. At a very short delay setting and a medium high to high feedback setting, you can get a reverb-like effect. Completely awesome pedal that is pretty high up on my effects GAS list. :D

4. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I think I've seen a few bass reviews of the H20, but I may be mistaken...

5. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Just found a few sentences about the H20...one guy said it 'wasn't bad', one guy said he didn't like the chorus side, thought it wasn't thick enough.

In any case, you could take a chance and sell it if you don't like it, but I would go for two different pedals, personally. It's really your choice, though ;)