Reverb Pedal Recommendation

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Midak, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Hello to all! :)

I want to get a reverb pedal to use on solo bass stuff. I feel quite confused regarding the various available choices out there, so I would really like some help from people that have tried various pedals.

What I look after:
    1. Sound quality (especially with bass).
    2. Classic reverb sounds (hall, spring) that can be used without added modulation.
    3. Reverb modes for experimental and ambient stuff (like shimmer); here modulation is welcome.
    I also would not like a pedal with a ton of modes that most of them will never be used. What is more, I live in Greece (Europe), so pedals like the Iron Ether Nimbus are unfortunately not an option. As a budget, I would like to keep it under 220-230 euros, and I don't want to go in the used market.

Thank you in advance!

2. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Ok, after more searching I think that I favor Mr. Black's Supermoon, and I can get in through UK.
    What are the differences between the three reverb flavors? Supermoon/Supermoon Chrome/Bloodmoon?

The demo on Supermoon on bass is really good.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  3. McTred

McTred

Apr 2, 2012
    I got, and love, my Neunaber expanse. With the extra footswitch I have access to two presets on four different reverb types. Downloading new verbs onto the pedal is super easy with the app.

Shimmer, hall, plate... Everything is nice.

Midak likes this.
  4. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    I would go for the EHX Oceans 12 Stereo Dual Reverb. It has 12 Reverb types, all with 2 different sounds of each, the option to make presets. The downside is they made it too small, so I can't see the names of the reverb type, especially while standing above it. The Source Audio Ventris Dual Reverb or Collider Delay+Reverb would be my next options.

Midak likes this.
  5. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    From the cheapest to the most expensive:
    1. Behringer DR600 ≈ 25 €
    2. Joyo R-14 ≈ 90 €
    3. TC Electronic Hall of Fame ≈ 115 €
    4. Boss RV-6 ≈ 150 €

Midak likes this.
  6. RayWithFlats

RayWithFlats

Mar 22, 2020
    on the 1
    If you’re in Greece you could try Crazy Tube Circuits from Athens, I don’t know much about their reverbs but their distortion/OD pedals sound amazing. Support a local builder AND save money on shipping? Sounds like a win-win to me.

edit - For a much cheaper option, I’ve got a Biyang RV-10 that’s pretty good for the money. A bit too sensitive to input level but decent sound. No shimmer mode though, I do have a Mooer Shimverb which does, but the core sound is not as good as the Biyang.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Midak and Vinny_G like this.
  7. lyonaudio

lyonaudio

Apr 16, 2019
    France
    jallenbass, Midak and Vinny_G like this.
  8. RayWithFlats

RayWithFlats

Mar 22, 2020
    on the 1
  9. The Zoom MS70cdr deserves a good look @84 eu at Thomann it is well in budget and offers a broad range of reverbs and other effects for experimental sounds. Personally I have two MS60b pedals that I am using with different setups but still want to add a cdr.

10. lyonaudio

lyonaudio

Apr 16, 2019
    France
    I have the Zoom MS-50G and it's great for messing about. One thing to remember about the Zoom pedals is that the entire signal is digitized, whereas with the TC pedals there's analog dry-through.

11. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    emjazz and Midak like this.
  12. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I recently got a Subdecay Super Spring Theory, which has: spring and hall. The spring is totally awesome and one of the coolest spring reverbs I've ever heard. Huge and full on bass! And the hall goes from very subtle and mild to absolutely cavernous. 25 giant cathedrals chained together, 3 minutes of ambience, etc.

They're not cheap but the quality is absolutely undeniable, and it's SO easy to dial in an awesome sound. It does not modulate, mind you.

I got it for the amazing spring reverb, but have heard the Supermoon is really nice. I don't know much about it, though.

Midak likes this.
  13. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Thank you all for your responses.

I have decided to buy one of the three Mr. Black's Supermoon/Supermoon Chrome/Bloodmoon.
    Any comparison between them will be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I am happy that you know them!:thumbsup:

I have their envelope filter, and they indeed have a lot of nice stuff. Just this time, I am settled for one of the above.

RayWithFlats likes this.