Reverb pedal: which one?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by homofunk68, May 16, 2005.

1. homofunk68

May 16, 2005
    Hi everyone,
    I'd like to buy a Reverb pedal and I was thinkin' to an EBS Dynaverb. What do You think? Is there any other good reverb for bass (less expensive too!!) on the market?

Thanks a lot.
  2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    uhm try a search. I know of several similar posts.

What kinds of reverb sounds are you looking for? Do you want to just add some "depth" to your sound? Do you want to be able to play like you're in the national cathedral?

But to help you out, I've experimented with the EHX Holy Grail Reverb. It's reasonably priced, and sounds pretty good. It'll add depth.

If you need crazy, crazy reverb, you might want to look into a rack unit, like an Alesis or Digitech. Both brands have decent digital units for about the same, or less, than the EBS.
  3. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    +1 I just bought a Holy Grail last week and I'm really pleased with it so far.
  4. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
  5. homofunk68

May 16, 2005
    Well, I mostly play fretless bass (4 string JB), and I'd need a pedal reverb to switch on just in some slow solos. I mainly play with the flat sound of the bass, clean. I once had the Alesis Midiverb III, great rack, but too much for the use I need.
    Thanks, I'll check the EHX.
    Thank You all.