1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb pedals (holy grail, rv-3)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikekim, Mar 25, 2006.

1. mikekim

mikekim

Mar 16, 2005
    CA
    I know this has been talked before. I have read all threads regarding reverb, but I'm still not sure about something since I've read different opinions. Does the holy grail have noise? If so, is it noticeable while playing? What about the BOSS rv-3?

I was also wondering if anyone had soundclips of any of these pedals. I looked in the sound sample thread but haven't found any. I would go try them first, obviously, but I have to travel a lot to go to a store where I live. So having an idea of how they sound would be great.

Any input on these pedals will be helpful.
    Thanks.

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I own the Boss RV-5 and IMO it muddied up the lows too much. Even feeding it more treble (+ the tone on my passive fully on!) didn't help.

On the note of noise, if you have any from your bass/other FX, the verb will make it sound worse, but only when your not playing. Place a noise suppressor before the verb and it'll be clean it right up.

3. one reverb that catches my interest is the Line 6 verbzilla (or whatever their stompbox reverb is called) it has a lot of cool options!