Reverb Ridiculousness - Sire for over $1500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phillipkregg, Nov 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    So I ran across this bargain today: Modified Custom Marcus Miller V7 | Reverb

Only $1,550! (And it's 12% off)

Let's see...

1) Brand new sire w/ ash: $599
    2) Brand new Mike Pope preamp $299
    3) Brand new Delano pups set: $264

This brings you to: $1,162.

Oh right... custom pickup height adjustment... $388.

He must be quite an expert at adjusting pickup height.

Of course this is a worst case scenario where you have to buy all of the items brand spankin new instead of on ebay or from TB.

Just thought I would share the black friday deal of the day with you. :laugh:

Joshua Pickenpaugh and MCF like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    haha, yeah, we laughed at that last week too.... hey, at least he didn't claim Jaco played it! :D

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Might be fun to offer him $1,162 and see if he "gets it". :) I'd go for it only if he included the original parts so I could put it back to stock and use the Pope and Delanos elsewhere. :D

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Saw the $399 alder 4 model at GC for $549.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  5. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Ah didn't realize it had been on there for over a week.

Yeah, from everything I've read and seen on youtube the default components are pretty damn good as-is.

jim nolte likes this.
  6. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

It's a "Make Offer" listing.

You won't know what the seller actually wants for it unless you make an offer(s).

Ace Of Bass likes this.
  7. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    Yeah, that's like every time I see a used SX Ursa at GC they're asking $250 for it.

Woodchuck likes this.
  8. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    To my surprise, I saw a used Sire (alder/rw) for sale at one of our local GC's going for $249 IIRC. I posted about it in one of the Sire threads. This was back in early May before anyone knew there would be extensive wait times/order backlogs and there wasn't a whole lot of 'real world' info about the basses. At that time I wonder if GC just looked at it as another foreign built Fender knockoff that came through their store and felt they had it fairly priced. I should have bought it as it played like a dream and would have been the 4 string little brother to my 5 I have now!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021