1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb! (Rv-5 Vs. Verbzilla)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by farewelltowords, Mar 13, 2008.

1. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
    Any of you already tried these two pedals? I'm looking for a versatile and quality reverb pedal, but can't really afford to go into a boutique one.

I already tried the verbzilla and actually was kind of disappointed. It was a good pedal but i was looking for huge decay length, specially in the large hall modes, like the pod xt has. The trails function was very cool though. Maybe i will try it again.

Do you think the rv-5 is better, in terms of versatility and length of the reverbs (and dimensions of the bigger hall reverbs)?

Any other pedal do you recommend? Like the holy grail or something!

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    some people seem to like the digitech digiverb, though i've never played one myself.

3. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    i'm looking at the discontinued boss rv-3, it's reverb and delay in one pedal. it's about $100. at ebay. you can give it a try.

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I've heard bad things about the Boss verb, but haven't tried it myself.

I loved the Tech 21 Boost RVB, though it may be a little too boutique for your price range..?

Also, you couldn't turn down the decay to your liking on the Verbzilla? That seems odd, but again I don't have enough personal experience.

5. Silent Fly

Silent Fly Supporting Member Commercial User

May 8, 2006
    London - UK
    Owner/designer [sfx]
    I have a RV-5, I like it and I recommend it.

It sounds very "real", no loss of tone, nice to control and it works very nicely with a stereo input (e.g. a chorus).

6. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
    in podxt, when i turn the decay to 100%, the reverb keeps going on almost endlessly. in the verbzilla itself (i suppose the podxt one is modeled from the line 6 own reverb pedal) the decay sounded too short to me.

the boost rvb sounds cool but i don't have any way to try it here...